What do you DO all day?

08 September 2010

8:15-8:30  Finn woke up and we had some snuggle time.  We talk about his day and what we’re going to do, we discuss his Woody costume and his buddy Oliver’s Buzz costume for Halloween for the 284,390 time.

8:30 – 9:15  Made Finn breakfast {leftover purple pancakes}.  Checked my email, Facebook, posted the Purple Pancake, and read about 20 or so blog posts while he ate.

9:15 – 10 Got myself dressed, helped Finn pick out his outfit for the day, straightened my hair, and nudged Finn in the direction of actually putting some clothes on.  Packed up my purse with a notebook and camera, located my wallet, keys, and obnoxiously large purple sunglasses.  Got a water bottle ready for Finn.  Put the cat food out of Monty’s reach and had Finn {now fully dressed} feed Monty.


10 – 10:30 Since we were out the door by ten, we had enough time for a Starbucks run before his class.  The new toffee mocha narrowly beat out the pumpkin spice, 140 degrees please and a kid’s apple juice.  We were then on our way to Finn’s ‘Learning to Read’ class with his favorite teacher.


10:30 – 11 Finn is in class and I check our schedule for the week, make notes about blog posts, and start writing for a project I’m working on.  It’s amazing how that half an hour to myself is the quickest of the day.

021 025

11 – 11:30  Pack Finn into the car and make a stop at Panera, a croissant for me, a salad for my sister, and grilled cheese + yogurt for Finn & Myles.  Drop off Finn and the lunches to my sister.


11:30 – 12:30  Drive downtown to see my favorite stylist.  I get a shampoo, head massage that nearly puts me to sleep, then a super cute {and much needed} trim and style.


12:30 – 1  Pick up Finn and make the quick drive home to see Dave for a few minutes before he goes back to work.  A couple books from Daddy while I respond to email.


1 – 1:30  Unload & reload the dishwasher from last night’s impromptu porch party with our neighbors.  Do you all do that where you are?  We have a screened in front porch and we sit around having wine and vodka with our strawberry lemonades and carrying on like teenagers.  Make some tea for Arnold Palmers and a salad for my lunch.  Finn is playing and entertaining himself so I start writing this post and eat lunch.


1:30 – 2:15  Convince Finn that he doesn’t have to take a nap, he can just lay down to rest for a little bit.  I make our bed, dump Mount St. Laundry on the newly made bed, go downstairs and throw a load of laundry in, take a long sniff, {but not long enough to be considered huffing} of the Arm & Hammer Fresh Scent detergent and decide that I would marry it just because it smells that good.  Bring up the stuff in the dryer add  to the mountain, wash the pans and knives that can’t go in the dishwasher, and tell Finn for the seventh time that “No, rest time is not done yet.”  Then, I wipe down the front of the kitchen cabinets, decide it’s time to pitch the sponge and pull the strainers to throw in the dishwasher as well as the teapot and start the dishwasher.  

2:15 – 3:15  More blog reading.  More email and downloading the pics from this morning.  Decide to make a tortellini with sauteed mushrooms and red grapes in a garlicky walnut pesto cream sauce for dinner.  Realize there are no mushrooms or red grapes and email Dave to pick some up on the way home.  I come to the conclusion that my sister Elise is totally and completely right about something she told me last night.


3:15 – 3:45  Wake Finn up from his nap, more snuggles and settle on some granola for snack time.  He’s a little miffed it’s not an Oreo.

3:45 – 5:30 Played Toy Story {we all pretend to get thrown in the garbage and rescue each other, my child is a freak} and read a few books with Finn.  Started sautéing the garlic and onions for the cream sauce for dinner.  Threw in another load of laundry… last one!  Took one look outside at my pathetic basil plant and made an emergency call to my Meme for a stash of the fresh stuff.

5:30 – 6:23  Dave got home and brought the rest of my dinner ingredients so I finished working on the pasta while he and Finn hung out.  Sat down for dinner and two bites in, decided unanimously that this was a delicious dinner and we needed to add it to our ‘go to’ dinner list.

6:24  Finnegan said, “Mom, may I please take your plate to the kitchen?  Dad, are you done?  Can I take your plate to the kitchen?”  Dave and I just sat there mouths agape, in complete shock while he cleared our plates.  Thought I had better check the time and make a note of this because I am willing to wager it will never happen again.

6:25 – 7:30  Dave ‘rests his eyes’ on the couch while I update this post and then head into the kitchen to clean up dinner and unload & reload the dishwasher for the eleventy billionth time this week.  Then we worked on folding and putting away Mount St. Laundry together.

7:30 – 8 Kicked Dave’s ass in {Celebrity} Jeopardy.   9200 to 8400.  Yes we’re freaks that keep score.  I also totally sealed my victory with answering the final Jeopardy question first.  Oooooaklahoma!

8 – 10  Watched Wipeout while doing more blog reading {almost through the reader!} and laughed hysterically.  Also took a break to have Finn get his room clean while I performed emergency surgery on Woody’s arm.  Finnegan went to bed and I finally finished everything in my overstuffed Google Reader! 


10 – 11  Worked on a project that I’m excited to tell you about soon and finished up this blog post as well as a couple for the rest of the week. 

11 – 11:45  Watched the news, took a shower, tried to figure out what to wear tomorrow for a mini photo shoot aaaand went to BED!  So, I will say that this is a super early bedtime for me, but we were up late last night with the aforementioned porch party.


PS.  In case you were wondering, Woody seems to be recovering nicely… I think he’s going to make it.


Bunny @ 86n It said...

Phew! I'm exhausted just reading it!

MommyLisa said...

Yes, we are a busy lot.

@JessEsco said...

I love this post!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Wow. You sure do squeeze a bunch of stuff into one day!

Just A Normal Mom said...

I.Am.Exhausted. Just from reading that. :-) I love the post format and all the pics!!


Ashlee Martin Smith said...

You're my favorite.

Unknown said...

goodness...I am exhausted just reading about your day...and suddenly my life feels very boring lol

Katie Olthoff said...

That's a long time to play Toy Story!! I'm impressed!

Just Another Doctor's Wife said...

Makes me feel inadequate!! Kudos to you for fitting everything in - and I mean everything!

Holly Lefevre said...

I just drink coffee all day and blog...let the kids figure out the rest.

This is interesting - I should keep a log to see what the day really looks like - there would be a lot of the above in there though!

Cannot wait to see the project!

whispering loudly said...

Love this! Just found you and need to make sure that I come back! Thanks!

Stacy Kaye said...

Wow, you get to write blogs in advance! How great! It sounds like a good day to me, my favorite would have been the haircut...I love that time!

P.S. I may have to copy this idea!

KatrinkaJane said...

Did anyone else notice that Woody's arm is the same one that detached in Toy Story 2? For a second, I thought it was a TS2 toy "with detachable arm"! LOL

Unknown said...

your little boy sounds a lot like my three year old. He is always thinking up crazy games from his favorite shows. Although it is Grandma that usually gets convinced into participating.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts! Comments on older posts are moderated, so if they don't get published immediately, don't despair.

Related Posts with Thumbnails