Hi fellow So Wonderful, So Marvelous lovers! I'm so glad to be here, for several reasons. One, any time spent at SWSM is a good time, and two I'm here because Michelle is having a baby!! Love! Anyway, I know you don't know me, and I probably don't know you (except I probably do because I'm a major blog stalker) so I figured when most people meet for the first time they keep it light and fluffy! So as to not mess with the norm, I shall give you my light and fluffy list of things that make me happy.
10 Things That Make Me Happy (in no particular, but in a very strategic order)
1. My husband Collin. He's a toy designer by day, and the best daddy and husband by night (actually he's a good daddy and husband all the time but I had to go with the saying). He's quirky enough that there's never a dull moment, but steady enough to be a man. My man. Mmmm.
4. Reading. This may come as a shock to anybody who knows me. I used to HATE reading. But ever since I graduated from college (a whopping month ago) I have gained a new love for reading material of my own choice that has nothing to do with anything. Bliss!
5. Game-shows. What?! Yep. Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Let's Make A Deal, Family Feud, The Weakest Link (you know you miss it), Deal of No Deal, Minute To Win It (or as my mom says, win it in a minute), $100,000 Pyramid. I love them all! Must come from years of watching the Game Show Network with my grandma.
6. Music. I majored in Music Therapy and that's because I have a firm belief in the power of music. I'm in to a lot of indie right now, but I'll always be a fan of anything with a beat, it doesn't even have to be a steady beat!
7. Good fries. I good french fry is an essential part of my happy life. Especially when accompanied by some good fry sauce.
8. Sleeping in. Remember that hunk of a husband I mentioned earlier? Well he and I made a deal. I take the middle of the night shift with baby Nolan, and Collin takes the early, early morning shift (we're talking 4:00a.m. sometimes). That allows me to sleep in (like 7:00 or 8:00) almost every day and that my friends (we're friends now, right?) is true love.
9. Fires. I could sit by a fire all day long, even in the heat of summer (which I've actually been known to do). There's just something so cozy about a tiny flame.
10. Good people. When I am around good people I usually end up crying happy tears. There's something about having good conversation that doesn't include vanity, gossip, or talk of mean things that really makes me happy. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those "good" people all the time, or even most of the time, which is probably why good people have such an impact on me. I just like nice people. A lot. And Michelle is absolutely one of those good people.
I'm so happy to have been here. I'm so happy for Michelle. And I'm so happy to have "met" all of you! Come visit me anytime. :)
Ashlee and I ‘met’ when she asked me to guest blog our infertility story at her blog My Spoiled Eggs. She has since gone on to adopt her sweet baby boy and I could not be happier for her. While she is a Mama now, she continues to write and share stories of infertility and has created a wonderful community of women battling the same. Go see her!Pin It