23 May 2011

Friday we decided to take Finn and Myles to the toy store get the new Cars 2 guys.  It was so much fun watching them choose which characters they deemed worthy of coming home with them… and of course, they ended up with the exact same.  Then we spent some time at my Meme’s house with John & Amanda while the boys played with their new loot.  Amanda and I sat our overly pregnant asses on the couch and commiserated about being ready for these babies to arrive any time.  That night, I slept a grand total of three and one half hours.  A special shout out to the Enchiladas Veracruz for keeping me wide awake and in searing heartburn until 3:30 in the morning. 

Saturday morning I got up and mowed the lawn.  You would think that after the last time I would have learned my lesson that mowing the lawn isn’t the easiest thing when you’re eight months pregnant, but I haven’t.  It has to look totally absurd.  The way I look at it, it counts as exercise.  Dave even did the edging, I think it was mostly so the neighbors won’t think he’s a tool for having his very pregnant wife out mowing, but I’ll take it.  Then I made asked Dave to remove all of the furniture from the front porch and drag it out to the driveway to scrub it all down with my helper.  I’m pretty sure too the neighbors thought we were the Clampetts.  I would have carried it myself, but I likely would have herniated something since I can’t even see my feet right now.

Next up, we power washed the porch and scrubbed every surface.  By we I mean, I power washed our outdoor rug and Dave did the rest of it while I took a three hour nap.  My house might still be a disaster until the carpet arrives Wednesday for our bedroom, but we’re now porch party ready.  That my friends is of utmost importance for summer.  Finn has spent every waking minute out there since, usually conning Dexter or Monty out there with him and littering it with his toys.

We also managed to pack in a baby shower, more yard work, touch up painting in our room, a trip to Costco, some book reading, lots of laundry {including everything for baby girl’s first couple months} and dinner at my mom’s.  Our weekend was overflowing.

We ended the crazy weekend with a phone call that Amanda’s water broke {lucky girl} and their baby boy is on his way.  A couple hours pass and BAM he’s here!  Yay for new cousins and the good news is that she made it to the hospital in time to get an epidural!  I’m wondering if they are going to choose his name or if we’re going to be back to popular vote like Myles & Colin.  I’ll keep you posted.

How was your weekend?  Anything exciting to share?


Unknown said...

WOW! You were crazy busy, makes it even crazier since your pregnant. We had a busy weekend too. My hubby and I went out with some friends to celebrate my 30th birthday and to have some "adult time" without the kiddos {its nice to go out to dinner and not have food flying everywhere} and it was the first time in 4 yrs I have been out drinking and dancing. Then on Sunday we went out to dinner to celebrate the big 3-0 again with the family....still not as busy as your weekend;)

MommyLisa said...

We painted the walls of the living/dining/upstairs hall a pretty gray color (Storm Cloud from Sherwin Williams) I went to the zoo TWICE because I got the date wrong for Boo Boo and my class on Sea Otters...which was AWESOME, but by the end I was tired and sad that I promised T-bone a meatloaf for dinner and had to go to Costco AND WalMart on my way home. Ugh.

Here is to you! And really, did you pick a name yet?

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to add your thoughts! Comments on older posts are moderated, so if they don't get published immediately, don't despair.

Related Posts with Thumbnails