1. I used to smoke a pack of cigarettes a day. I quit cold turkey February 13, 2006... it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Before that day, I had tried to quit about 10 other times in my life. I still love the idea of smoking even though the real thing makes me sick, I hate the smell. It's disgusting.
2. I am currently addicted to drinking vanilla lime iced tea.
3. Dave and I took our honeymoon travelling in Ireland and visiting Paris.
4. Dave is the most intelligent,thoughtful, hilarious, loyal, amazing man I have ever met in my entire life. I thought he was such a good man that I tried to hook him up with my sister, but thought he just wasn't my type. They still joke to this day that he could have ended up with the "good" sister, but he ended up with me. I am so thankful that I came to my senses and married him.
5. Finnegan didn't have a name for the first four days of his life. The birth certificate lady finally said that we couldn't leave the hospital until he had a name. Dave chose his middle name James, after his good friend.
6. Dave and I grew up about a mile apart and we didn't meet until we were both working together. We went to the same places, knew the same people, and had probably seen each other a thousand times. The right person shows up in your life exactly when they're supposed to.
7. I believe firmly that everything happens for a reason. If you don't learn your lesson the first time, the same shit keeps happening until you do.
8. My mom called me Monkey growing up. To this day, she still gets me something with a monkey on it for Christmas.
9. Having Finnegan was the most fullfilling, important thing I have ever done in my life.
10. Dave and I used to watch Jeopardy every night and keep actual scores on a spreadsheet. We are fully aware that this makes us total freaks.
11. I listen to NPR every morning for the news instead of turning on the tv.
12. My family is quite possibly the best, most irreverant, funniest group of people in the world. If a spouse can't fit in with this crazy bunch, they're screwed.
13. My cat is named after Dexter on Dexter's Laboratory. My dog Monty is named after Mr. Burns on the Simpsons.
14. I speak French.
15. I've never been to New England and it is the place in the US I'd most like to visit. Greece is the next international trip I'd like to take.
16. I take a nap most every day.
17. I haven't had cable for years and years, but I don't miss it at all.
18. The first concert I ever attended was the Beach Boys when I was really little, it was before the original drummer died in a boating accident. The only thing I really remember was having good seats and the beach balls flying around during the concert. I have been to probably a hundred concerts since then, mostly because my dad loved to share all kinds of music with us when we were younger.
19. I hate bridges.
20. I love to entertain & have people over for dinner.
21. I smuggled a cuban cigar into the country for my husband because I knew he would love it. Don't tell the feds.
22. I love obnoxious British comedy like Are You Being Served, Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances, Ab Fab, & The Vicar of Dibley.
23. My friends are an amazing group of women. They're an eclectic bunch and all are fabulous for different reasons.
24. I was a commitment-phobe before I met Dave. I also made really assinine choices in men. They were all fun, but most were idiots.
25. If I had to pick one city in the US to move to, it would be San Francisco. In the world, it would be Paris.
26. I hated tomato soup my entire life until I was pregnant. Now I love it.
27. I had never tried coleslaw until we went to Ireland for our honeymoon. I loved it and make it all the time now. Dave couldn't believe it so now he tries to find all kinds of other things that I haven't tried.
28. I hate cleaning. Hate it. But even more than I hate cleaning, I hate when people come over to my house when it's a mess. I always go on a cleaning spree. You know you're in the Michelle inner sanctum when I let you see my house a disaster.
29. I would MUCH prefer to drink out of glass than plastic. Anytime I drink a coke or iced tea it has to be in a glass.
30. This is the soap in our bathroom right now. Dave picked it out at the store and I chuckle to myself every single time I see it.
I hope you enjoyed my random facts. Post one or five of your own in the comments!