- Snail mail. Everyone loves seeing a pretty colorful envelope mixed in with bills and ads that you just recycle, there is just something about a card filled with happy thoughts that makes my day.
- Cracky ice. I am weird and love the ice that you get from the store because it’s rough rather than smooth. It’s pretty much an obsession and Dave has been buying bags of it for me since I got sick. The ice obsession started before the sick thing, but I have to say because of the iron deficiency it has amped up a bit.
- Oranges. Also we’ve figured out is due to the iron thing, I’ve been eating several oranges a day.
- Christmas lights. Even though the tree isn’t decorated yet, those twinkling lights just make me so happy.
- The Sing Off on NBC. It started on Monday and it’s on again tonight, there is something magical about the sounds that come out of these people as a group. It’s insane. Watch it.
- Real hot chocolate. If you haven’t made it, do it. I added a cinnamon stick to the cream last time and a shot of espresso. Absolutely lovely.
- Shower/Baths. OK, this one is weird, I’ll admit. I always thought I’d want to live in a huge house and have a separate shower and bath, but I’d miss the combo of the two. Close the drain, turn the shower on as hot as you can stand it and just lay or sit there as it rains down on you and fills up around you. Taking a shower/bath in the dark is my go to for curing sleepless nights, it’s so relaxing you feel like you’ve been massaged. Bubbles are optional.
What’s something you love today?